Sunday, July 19, 2015

A DAY OF SEWING RAG QUILTS


Our wonderful volunteers came over to sew rag quilts to be distributed to our local hospitals. We meet some new volunteers as some of our older volunteers brought their friends. 






This is a very simple creation to make. If you an sew a straight seam, then you can sew a rag quilt. 

I was able to clip all seams (to make the seam rag) wash all their wonderful creation, shave all the pilling off them and finish them off with ribbon, a scripture card, and my little poem in just under three weeks. 


These do take a while to complete, so I am always looking for volunteers to sew them so I can complete everything else. 

If you would like to make a rag quilt to be donated to our local Aroostook County, Maine hospital, please contact me at sewmanyhearts@hotmail.com

Below is a link to my sister site with some general instructions on making a rag quilt. 

I also have some patterns for you to follow below. 

CHILD SIZE LAP RAG QUILT PATTERNS
Finished size is



ADULT SIZE LAP RAG QUILT PATTERN 
Finished size is

 

No comments:

Post a Comment